Three Little Monkeys....

This blog was created as an on-line scrapbook of our lives as a family of 5. It was originally created to keep family and friends posted during the journey which brought our son home from Seoul, Korea in Dec. 2006.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Welcome!


I have decided to move our blog so we will have the capeability to post more pics and short video clips. I also hope the foster family will be able to access this site. I really thought I would be done "blogging" by now, but this has been an excellent tool to record the events of Mikey's adoption. I am also shocked that anyone is interested in reading my babble, but we are still getting 25+ hits a day or so! :-O I don't know who you all are... but do your bosses know you are this bored at work? Just kidding. I am happy people are interested in hearing about our family.
I have cut and pasted all of the posts from the Caringbridge site. It was fun to go back and read. It caused me to revisit what an absolute miracle adoption is. It is clear to me, and no one could ever convince me otherwise, that God's hand was in this from the begining. Every child's birth is a miracle, but adoption involves two miracles. God heard two seperate prayers on opposite ends of the Earth, and worked every detail until two families 8,000 miles apart became forver connected. It is so amazing to find that Michael is absolutely the piece that was missing from our family. He brings so much joy to our home. Brian and I were just talking about how quickly Mikey became a member of our family. I know both girls never doubted that he is their brother either... and no one has asked to send him back! :-) I know some would object to my views recorded here, but our view is coming from a slightly different place than many adoptive parents' perspective. We have had children biologically and thru adoption. Brian and I never once doubted that we would love an adopted child as much as we love Kate and Ellie. I do not think we ever doubted Kate and Ellie's love either. But we expected it to take time... like any relationship. The miracle here lies in the fact that it was as natural as the love we expereinced for Katie and Ellie at the moment we first saw them. I am a big believer in love at first sight now!
Many people in the adoptive parent community will say "s/he is revealing more of his/her personality each day", and while we did find that to be true, babies also develop their personality daily. It isn't necessarily an attachment thing. Our relationship and love for Mikey grows and changes each day just exactly as it did with Katie and Ellie, as Mikey grows and changes.

2 comments:

Danyelle said...

Dawn,

Your kids are just too cute. I'm so glad that Mikey is fitting in so well with the family and adjusting like a champ. I would love to get together with you and have a "playdate" soon.

Danyelle

Kari said...

Hooray! Welcome to the world of BLOGGER =) So glad that you will keep up what the kids are up to. They are just too cute and Evan can't wait to finally meet Katherine--and see Mikey and Ellie too. Good night!