Three Little Monkeys....

This blog was created as an on-line scrapbook of our lives as a family of 5. It was originally created to keep family and friends posted during the journey which brought our son home from Seoul, Korea in Dec. 2006.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dec. 15, 2006


FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2006 12:15 AM, CST
Home Sweet Home
Recently a friend asked if Michael had "found his place in our family" yet. This question got me thinking about how he has seemed to just fit right in from the moment he joined us. Of course, it helps that he is the "perfect baby" as Ellie claims!
Today Mikey and I went to my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group. There are many adopted kids in the group, and Megan was there with her son born in Colombia, who is about 6 weeks older than Mikey. I ended up getting a little teary eyed thinking about what a miracle adoption really is as I watched these two babies smile and paw at each other - babies who found families thousands of miles from where life began for them. It is incredible that each member of our household has fallen for Mikey already, and it seems as though he is quite smitten with us ~ certainly no less than a miracle. The adoption process was certainly as taxing, if not even more so, than a pregnancy. It was an absolute roller coaster ride, full of stress and frustrations and an absolute lack of controll. In the end, as in pregnancy, that is all forgotten, and absolutely worth every tear and every doubt a thousand times over.
I am finally over my jet lag and Michael is begining to get into a bit of a schedule. He is just the happiest little baby I have ever seen. His sisters adore him. He is always getting attention from someone, and often getting carried off into someones room to "play". He is up on all 4's and trying hard to crawl ~ wanting to keep up to the girls I guess. We are all looking forward to Michaels first Christmas. Of course, we have already received the greatest gift.

No comments: