FRIDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2006 06:56 AM, CST
I am here, safe and sound! Thanks so much for your prayers for a safe journey!
That flight was longer than long. I saw some very remarkable things out my window though. The flight path takes you over Canada and Alaska, across the sea and over Russia. When we were far north it was around 2pm their time and twilight - dark on the north side of the plane and light on the south. I was on the north side. There would be miles and miles, as far as the eye could see of NOTHING but nothing, no roads... nothing. Then suddenly there would be a cluster of lights where a little town would crop up. There were 2 larger cities on the coast of Alaska - (Juneau?) what a beautiful sight. Crossing into Russia was scary. It was about 2 hours of nothing but HUGE mountains covered in thick blanket of snow. I was thinking of that movie "Alive"..... it was SO turbulent, the pilots put the seatbelt signs on and asked us to remain seated unless absolutley necessary ....while I was in the bathroom! A little panic set in, but I made it back to my seat and got buckled up quickly!
No problems connecting in Tokyo and the flight to Seoul was bumpy too, but I was too tired to care. They served sushi for the dinner. I thought "well, when in Rome...." (or Tokyo) but I did not finish it - think about it...airplane sushi? I was picked up at the Seoul airport by the ESWS driver and there was heavy traffic here even at 10pm. I was able to sleep only 4 hours because I could not trust that alarm clock (think 1970's)!
I have a date this morning with a very hansome young man, about 5 mos old, 2 feet tall and about 15 lbs! :-) Check back, I'll update after our meeting!
EDITED TO ADD:
I almost forgot to tell you - Kari and Randy (Evan's mom & dad) are arriving tonight and here til Friday!!! I am soooooo happy to have company! As Katherine said "You got everything you prayed for!" Wise little 8 year old.
I am here, safe and sound! Thanks so much for your prayers for a safe journey!
That flight was longer than long. I saw some very remarkable things out my window though. The flight path takes you over Canada and Alaska, across the sea and over Russia. When we were far north it was around 2pm their time and twilight - dark on the north side of the plane and light on the south. I was on the north side. There would be miles and miles, as far as the eye could see of NOTHING but nothing, no roads... nothing. Then suddenly there would be a cluster of lights where a little town would crop up. There were 2 larger cities on the coast of Alaska - (Juneau?) what a beautiful sight. Crossing into Russia was scary. It was about 2 hours of nothing but HUGE mountains covered in thick blanket of snow. I was thinking of that movie "Alive"..... it was SO turbulent, the pilots put the seatbelt signs on and asked us to remain seated unless absolutley necessary ....while I was in the bathroom! A little panic set in, but I made it back to my seat and got buckled up quickly!
No problems connecting in Tokyo and the flight to Seoul was bumpy too, but I was too tired to care. They served sushi for the dinner. I thought "well, when in Rome...." (or Tokyo) but I did not finish it - think about it...airplane sushi? I was picked up at the Seoul airport by the ESWS driver and there was heavy traffic here even at 10pm. I was able to sleep only 4 hours because I could not trust that alarm clock (think 1970's)!
I have a date this morning with a very hansome young man, about 5 mos old, 2 feet tall and about 15 lbs! :-) Check back, I'll update after our meeting!
EDITED TO ADD:
I almost forgot to tell you - Kari and Randy (Evan's mom & dad) are arriving tonight and here til Friday!!! I am soooooo happy to have company! As Katherine said "You got everything you prayed for!" Wise little 8 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment