SATURDAY, DECEMBER 02, 2006 04:11 PM, CST
A few pictures:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2BZNWLZs5Yuug>Click the link above, I was able to get a few pics put on CD at a Kodak shop near Insadong. I will put the link on the "links" option above as well.
Kari and Randy are here! I am SOOOOOOO happy to have their company! There is NO other families (that we have seen) here at the Guest House. If it were not for them I'd be going stir crazy. The staff here speaks english, but they speak it much better than they understand it, so it is very hard to have a conversation. The three of us navigated the subway system with only one mistake. We had another Korean lunch which was much less scary than yesterday's because there were pictures on the menu, and they had dolsot bibimbop, which is just rice and veggies served in a very hot stone bowl with a raw egg on top. You stir it up while the bowl is still very hot and the egg fries in your rice. There were many unique and interesting shops in Insadong. It was like a cross between the State Fair & Nicollet Mall ~ Asian style.
Funny, young kids keep coming to me saying Hi or Hello and giggling! I answer 'hi - anyeong hasseo" and then they really laugh. Do you think I might have an accent? Maybe Minnesotans do not speak Korean very well. :-)
Last night after Kari and Randy got here Kari was wide awake so we went down to rock the babies. Brian, can we have two? Please? There were so many adorable little babies, many less than a week old. One in particular was older, 2+ mos and he stole my heart... well, what was left after Michael took it yesterday! It is true what people tell you, the women in the baby hospital really do their very best for these little babies, but there are only 2 women and 16 babies. Most just want to be held and cuddle. Please Brian?
I will fill you in on our adventure tomorrow. I am anxiously awaiting Monday when I get to see Michael again!
Katie, Ellie, Brian, I MISS YOU!!!! Can't wait to see you and for you to meet Mikey!
A few pictures:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2BZNWLZs5Yuug>Click the link above, I was able to get a few pics put on CD at a Kodak shop near Insadong. I will put the link on the "links" option above as well.
Kari and Randy are here! I am SOOOOOOO happy to have their company! There is NO other families (that we have seen) here at the Guest House. If it were not for them I'd be going stir crazy. The staff here speaks english, but they speak it much better than they understand it, so it is very hard to have a conversation. The three of us navigated the subway system with only one mistake. We had another Korean lunch which was much less scary than yesterday's because there were pictures on the menu, and they had dolsot bibimbop, which is just rice and veggies served in a very hot stone bowl with a raw egg on top. You stir it up while the bowl is still very hot and the egg fries in your rice. There were many unique and interesting shops in Insadong. It was like a cross between the State Fair & Nicollet Mall ~ Asian style.
Funny, young kids keep coming to me saying Hi or Hello and giggling! I answer 'hi - anyeong hasseo" and then they really laugh. Do you think I might have an accent? Maybe Minnesotans do not speak Korean very well. :-)
Last night after Kari and Randy got here Kari was wide awake so we went down to rock the babies. Brian, can we have two? Please? There were so many adorable little babies, many less than a week old. One in particular was older, 2+ mos and he stole my heart... well, what was left after Michael took it yesterday! It is true what people tell you, the women in the baby hospital really do their very best for these little babies, but there are only 2 women and 16 babies. Most just want to be held and cuddle. Please Brian?
I will fill you in on our adventure tomorrow. I am anxiously awaiting Monday when I get to see Michael again!
Katie, Ellie, Brian, I MISS YOU!!!! Can't wait to see you and for you to meet Mikey!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness---I nearly wept when I saw the picture of you holding Mr. Smiley again. I often wonder about him and hope that he has made it to a family by now.
Post a Comment