FRIDAY, DECEMBER 01, 2006 02:20 PM, CST
I met Michael!!
What a moment! I cannot even express what it felt like when Michael smiled at me the moment we met! It really WAS as though he knew me! His foster mom was just amazing, she kept putting him in my lap and in my arms saying "mommy" in her cute accent. She said that Michaels nonah's (big sisters) were beautiful, and she made sure to show him the baby photo album every day. He is so cute and tiny and his smile just lights up his face. The foster mom said he is a very content and easy baby, and that he is clever. The social worker tells me he is ahead in his development and doing very, very well. I could see that they were right, as he was playing with the toys in the room and even pushing his chest up off the floor when on his belly - wanting to go somewhere. They even left the room for a while and let me play with him and he did not cry. He was happy to show me his latest skill - rolling over. He even giggled at himself in the mirror. I can't tell you how impressed I was with Michael's foster mom! She was just absolutley warm and kind and she has clearly done her best with Michael. I got some great pics, but cannot get them off the camera because the PC here has no port for the card. Tonight Kari and Randy arrive and I will see if their laptop can take it.
I found out that there will be 2 other babies with escorts on the plane with me Tuesday. I hope we all sit together.
A couple who is here for their 2nd child but adopting this time from the other Korean agency, SWS, came over to meet with their oldest child's foster mom while I was meeting Michael. They took me on an excursion to a traditional korean restaurant. NO ONE spoke english there and I was about to suggest leaving, scared of what I might order, when a lady who spoke english came over to help us with the menu said. She'd point and say "pig, cow, chicken,..." So we had some cow!
I found a little shop where the man makes a stamp with your name, so I had him do one with DaeHyeon on it. Sorry Katherine and Ellie, I was going to get you one too until I found out that ONE is $20. I'm takin care of you, don't worry!
I'm going to take a nap so I can be awake when Kari and Randy get here, but first I must venture out again to get some coffee for the morning.... had to drink sanka this morning.......
I met Michael!!
What a moment! I cannot even express what it felt like when Michael smiled at me the moment we met! It really WAS as though he knew me! His foster mom was just amazing, she kept putting him in my lap and in my arms saying "mommy" in her cute accent. She said that Michaels nonah's (big sisters) were beautiful, and she made sure to show him the baby photo album every day. He is so cute and tiny and his smile just lights up his face. The foster mom said he is a very content and easy baby, and that he is clever. The social worker tells me he is ahead in his development and doing very, very well. I could see that they were right, as he was playing with the toys in the room and even pushing his chest up off the floor when on his belly - wanting to go somewhere. They even left the room for a while and let me play with him and he did not cry. He was happy to show me his latest skill - rolling over. He even giggled at himself in the mirror. I can't tell you how impressed I was with Michael's foster mom! She was just absolutley warm and kind and she has clearly done her best with Michael. I got some great pics, but cannot get them off the camera because the PC here has no port for the card. Tonight Kari and Randy arrive and I will see if their laptop can take it.
I found out that there will be 2 other babies with escorts on the plane with me Tuesday. I hope we all sit together.
A couple who is here for their 2nd child but adopting this time from the other Korean agency, SWS, came over to meet with their oldest child's foster mom while I was meeting Michael. They took me on an excursion to a traditional korean restaurant. NO ONE spoke english there and I was about to suggest leaving, scared of what I might order, when a lady who spoke english came over to help us with the menu said. She'd point and say "pig, cow, chicken,..." So we had some cow!
I found a little shop where the man makes a stamp with your name, so I had him do one with DaeHyeon on it. Sorry Katherine and Ellie, I was going to get you one too until I found out that ONE is $20. I'm takin care of you, don't worry!
I'm going to take a nap so I can be awake when Kari and Randy get here, but first I must venture out again to get some coffee for the morning.... had to drink sanka this morning.......
No comments:
Post a Comment