9 months old ALREADY?

When you are 9 months old the world is filled with new experiences. This past week the weather was beautiful. Daddy and Katie made a weekend trip to Home Depot and came home with a new grill and a swing for Mikey. He thinks that swing is pretty awesome! Daddy likes his grill too.

We dusted off the bikes (which are too small now, much like my spring wardrobe.... how do these things happen?) and the wagon. Mikey loves riding in it, though it is not evident in these pics.... it did take him a while to warm up to the idea. He actually nodded off in the wagon once, but woke up as we were trying to snap a photo of it - quite upset with us, I might add!
We were lucky enough to have a field trip with Ellie's school to a nature center to see how maple syrup is made on the only 80 degree March day I can remember. We had lunch at DQ where Mikey tried his first ice cream cone... how can you say no to that little face?
Today we had Ellie's end of the year conference with Mrs. Parvey. I am so proud of our girl, she has really come a long way this year. She says it is because she is 5 1/2 now, and that is big. It is big indeed, my baby girl can read many words, add and subtract, zip her jacket, buckle her seat belt, and is going to her Kindergarten Open House tonight to meet her kindergarten teacher. Waaaaaaaaaaaa!
We have been having one of those years when one virus or another has been almost constant in our house. I had fallen rather behind in my shopping (and everything else for that matter) so yesterday we HAD to go to Super Target. A cart full of $200 worth of groceries and a screaming baby who hates being buckled into anything as I am trying to empty the cart and pay the cashier, Ellie HAD to ask me something, NOW. "What, Ellie?!?!" "Do you like triangles, mom?" A sense of humor...priceless.
Mrs. Parvey keeps an awesome book of their progress - here is some of her latest...


Despite a trip (no pun intended) to urgent care Monday due to a fall and sprained ankle for me, and yet one more cold for Ellie this week, I find myself counting my blessings today. We are so blessed and I love being a mom to these 3 wonderful kids. I am so thankful to be able to stay home with them ~ time goes so fast and they are little but a minute.
2 comments:
Happy 9 months Mikey! How fast the time flies. So glad that you are keeping your mama on her toes =) Hope the sprained ankle heals fast and we look forward to seeing you next week! Have a great week-end!
You're right, I'm not sure how I would say no to that cute little face. Summer is going to be so fun with these little ones.
Danyelle
Post a Comment