
Wednesday is the first day of Spring! It is about time.
Mikey suffered a bout of croup last week - a first for this family. To add to my stress, Brian was in New Jersey for most of it. At least he was home when I realized something was wrong after Michael cried for 3 hours. I was afraid it was pneumonia. We were lucky enough to find a competent pediatrician at the Allina clinic in Coon Rapids. She did a steroid shot and I could see improvement right away, although there were a few fairly minor but scary sounding attacks in the middle of the night. By day 3 he was just a booger factory with no serious problems other than the occasional "booger bubble". Those of you who know me know that I can easily deal with any bodily function kids can dole out.... except excessive boogers. Yeah, it was a tough week.
We decided Friday that we REALLY needed a fun day out, so the girls and I went to the Children's Museum. I had not taken them there for about 4 years, and there were a lot of changes. Kate told me there was a "Korea restaurant and store" after her field trip there earlier this year, but I figured she was just thinking anything Asian was Korean. She was right though, it was a Korean restaurant where the kids served up fake kimchee and various other items- and really fun to see.
Mikey suffered a bout of croup last week - a first for this family. To add to my stress, Brian was in New Jersey for most of it. At least he was home when I realized something was wrong after Michael cried for 3 hours. I was afraid it was pneumonia. We were lucky enough to find a competent pediatrician at the Allina clinic in Coon Rapids. She did a steroid shot and I could see improvement right away, although there were a few fairly minor but scary sounding attacks in the middle of the night. By day 3 he was just a booger factory with no serious problems other than the occasional "booger bubble". Those of you who know me know that I can easily deal with any bodily function kids can dole out.... except excessive boogers. Yeah, it was a tough week.
We decided Friday that we REALLY needed a fun day out, so the girls and I went to the Children's Museum. I had not taken them there for about 4 years, and there were a lot of changes. Kate told me there was a "Korea restaurant and store" after her field trip there earlier this year, but I figured she was just thinking anything Asian was Korean. She was right though, it was a Korean restaurant where the kids served up fake kimchee and various other items- and really fun to see.

There is a pretend ant hill there where the kids can wear ant costumes (but 8 year olds don't wear them apparently) and crawl thru tunnels. This is a pic of them on a giant ant in the tunnel. I really did not think Mikey was that freaked out until I saw his face in this pic! We may have to add 5ft ants to the list of scary things.

Daddy made it home to find a happy, mostly healthy little man waiting for him.
2 comments:
I LOVE the Korean market in the children's museum. :) Nathan loves to "cook" in that kitchen!
Great pics. :)
Love the pictures of the Children's Museum. All of the kids look so big! =)
Post a Comment