Katherine sittin' pretty - awaiting her turn to open a gift at Auntie's house
Christmas Eve - Mikey didn't think sitting for a family portrait was a great idea at the moment.
It's been a crazy few days at our house. Sometime in the midst of all of the food, family, gifts, more food, wrapping paper, and toys anchored into their packaging like they need to withstand hurricane force winds - I got to thinking. As many folks do at this time of the year I began counting my blessings. And while Ellie's prayers tonight included thanks to the Lord above for the new Wii and for help not breaking her new MP3 player, none of the blessings I counted were gifts received in this past several days. I find my thoughts constantly going out to those who have suffered loss of loved ones, loss of good health, loss of jobs, and to soldiers spending Christmas away from their families, and children around the world waiting for a family. I'm sure this stems from the overwhelming gratitude for all that I have been blessed with. I can't even begin to express just how thankful I am for these amazing kids, near* perfect hubby, our health and safety, the ability to raise the kids and take care of this family as my full time responsibility, and so many more "little" things. I do think this has been one of the best Christmas' I can remember because of this deep sense of happiness and gratitude. My prayers go out to all who are suffering in this world tonight... may God grant the peace that only He can give to those in need.
But then again - that sense of happiness and contentment could just be a distant memory after this next week and a half of Christmas break. School is out until January 7th, and I believe the kids are expecting a trip to Chuck E Cheese.... blechhhhh.
*This near perfection is avbailable 3-5 days per week and does not include Sundays durring football season, several weekends including but not limited to ice fishing and hunting trips. Perfection is a relative term and cannot be guaranteed. The author reserves to right to not have this compliment used against her at any time.
3 comments:
Merry Christmas everyone! It looks like Katherine, Ellie, and Mikey did well this year. See you soon =)
Well said!!! Love the added comment at the end. hehe :)
Sigh.
Lovely pictures.
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment