Three Little Monkeys....

This blog was created as an on-line scrapbook of our lives as a family of 5. It was originally created to keep family and friends posted during the journey which brought our son home from Seoul, Korea in Dec. 2006.

Friday, October 12, 2007

Too Busy to Blog...

Okay, so I have been neglecting my blog lately. wouldn't you rather know that I am done with the laundry, helping with the homework, driving the carpool, wiping the boogies, having a home cooked meal on the table each night at 6pm in a sparkling clean kitchen and focusing on the fam.? Well, some days I am just that good. Some. Okay a few.


Ellie is doing just great in Kindy so far. She has a "yellow ticket" (the one you bring home when you have had no serious offenses) to show for each and every day she's had. I was so proud at conferences to hear that she is a real helper, a leader and a good example to others. She was also said to be a really patient friend to a couple of kids with significant special needs in her class. She is really growing up a lot in a big hurry.



Kate is finally enjoying 3rd grade. The transition was a little hard for her at first - in our school 1st and 2nd are combined, 3rd and 4th, etc. In 3rd grade they move up to the 2nd floor with the "big kids", i.e. 3-6th graders. In 3rd grade you only get one recess. And when you are a 3rd grader who is in 5th grade math you have 20+ minutes of homework every night. She is really getting into a groove now and must have plenty of friends - she only invited 17 girls to her b-day party! Thank goodness we have already heard 4 regrets...



Mikey continues to gain charm and wit each passing day. He has even become social with adults outside our family now too - just do not make any gestures that say you may be thinking of picking him up or touching him in any way - he'll run screaming to mama. He has a new bad habit: pushing anyone within his height/weight range. You can almost see him size them up and conclude "yeah, I think I can take that one". He is off the bottle now and I honestly have never seen a 15 month old eat so much food. Cheese makes him very, very happy.



Tomorrow is SUPER SOCCER SATURDAY. Each girl has 3-4 games and we will be at the field from 9am-1pm. I will kinda miss soccer once it is over tomorrow. I marvel at all of the outta shape 30somethings sitting on the sidelines yelling "Go Suzy! Get that ball! Get in there!" I'd love to see some of those parents run the length of that field even once.



And of course - some pictures....
This is a little old - but look how much fun we had in the water!


This is Katherine's fav - Mikey crashing her pic

These two sleep in the car - but do not sleep at night.
Closing up the camper for the season - see you in May :-(

Daddy and his little guy playin' football

Rollin' in the leaves

1 comment:

Kari said...

We miss you guys but hope that the birthday party went well. Let's get together soon. LOVE the new pictures of everyone. We especially like the picture of Mikey crashing Katherine's picture =) Happy Saturday.