I might venture to say that we have our back to school routine down at this point. We have made it to school with time to spare each day, have not forgotten a lunch or snack yet, and have most of the important documents turned in: permission slips and forms that relinquish our rights to sue negligent parties if a child is damaged. Even the school supply lists are now complete. It would have been complete the week prior to school except that mommy here did not realize that a 3rd grader needs a composition notebook, which is not the same thing as a spiral one... oh well, they were clearanced out and I got a good deal. I guess the "good ole days" when we appeared in the classroom with just a new pair of sneakers and a backpack are gone.... supplies for a 3rd grader and kindergartner this year ran us a cool $70.00!
The girls started soccer last week. They had 2 weeknight practices and a game Saturday. When we were en-route to the game, I was coaching Ellie regarding the team-mentality, telling her that her team mates and her were supposed to "share" the ball with each other, but keep it from the other team. She replies "you mean there is only one ball?" Needless to say I was apprehensive about Miss Ellie's first game! She did fabulous though, despite a rough start when she was bumped by a member of the opposing team, fell down and started to cry. The ref stopped the game and took her off the field because she wouldn't talk to them. I asked her if she was hurt - "no." Okay, that is good - but what could it be? Ellie informed me that she was not really sure - but her "Tears just fell out and won't stop". Ahh, one of the trials of being female.
Katherine is a much more aggressive player than we EVER thought possible! She gets right in there and battles for that ball. She does great for a first timer! Both girls won their team vote for the name they dreamed up for their respective teams: Kate - being a yellow jerseyed team, named them the "Lightning". Ellie - a purple jerseyed group of 6 year olds- "The 7 Purple Chicks". 
Mikey, having a daddy who leads by example, sits relaxed in his stroller, happily watching sports as long as I continuously hand him food and drink. Quite amazing really - considering Mikey is perpetual motion. If I could haul a couch out onto the sidelines life would be truly grand!
1 comment:
Love the latest pictures. We miss seeing you guys and can't wait to get together. Everyone is growing up so fast.....
Post a Comment