On August 23rd, 2006, we saw our darling Mikey's face for the very first time. It was Ellie's 5th birthday party and in the midst of trying to manage 8 five year old girls, the social worker called. I managed to keep the focus on Ellie, but once I got those little gals settled around the table with thier cake and ice cream, I bolted for the computer! We had been told not to look at the picture of the child until we read the referral information, but I opened the file named "yoon,daehyeonpic.jpg" first anyway. I called Katherine over to see the pic of her new baby brother and we were giddy and jumping up and down, as was daddy at work (well, okay I guess he was not jumping). After the party we told Ellie that Michael had made it clear that he wanted to be a part of her birthday.
I cannot believe that a year has passed since that day when all of our waiting and paperwork, stress and ups and downs of the adoption process finally lead us to our beautiful boy. He is everything we thought we saw in his eyes in that referral picture... and so much more.
The Mikey Man now...
.jpg)
2 comments:
Congrats Dawn...What a journey! Isn't amazing how God hand-picked the perfect boy for you and your family?!? He is just beautiful.
Danyelle
One year? Seems so hard to believe. You are still as cute as ever Mikey!
Post a Comment