Sorry folks. I have gotten a few e-mails now asking if we are okay since I have not done a blog post in over a month! We are all fine, save a runny nose here and there.
I have been neglecting the blog because we are just plain busy I guess. Mikey is actually enjoying going to the school nursery now, so I have been volunteering at school twice a week. It is just priceless to witness your child in that environment and I feel so blessed to be at a school that encourages and supports our involvement. I really get to know their friends and the kids in each class. There are many other parents volunteering each day and I have really gotten to know many of the girl's friends' parents in the past 3.5 years we have been in the school. I see and hear what they are learning and what we should be going over at home, which is not something my girls tend to share on their own. The list of why I love volunteering goes on and on.... but it is so tiring! Kindergartners especially wear me out! Today we had eighteen 5-6 year olds sewing. Do not try this at home.
As I said, Mikey is really doing well with separating from me now. He enjoys the other kids and the change of scenery / toys. It took some training, but he now just waves bye-bye, gives me a kiss, and runs off to play! Such a relief.
Another favorite place of his is the pet store at the mall. We have a really nice pet store for our dinky local mall that we try to visit a couple of times a month. He likes the birds and the rats - shouting "BRRRD! BRRRRRRD! RAAAAT! RAAAAT!" I am afraid he is going to give one of those $200 birds a coronary one day.
I'll leave you with a Valentine funny from Ellie:
Ellie: (writing out valentines for her class) "Here ya go mommy, I found the perfect Valentime for you!"
Me: (reading out loud) "'Super Chick' wow, you think I am 'super chick'?"
Ellie: "Oh, no. I thought it said 'Supper Chick' so that is why I gave that one to you."
1 comment:
I would have picked the "same" one for you Supper Chick---after all, you were the one to give us the delicious recipe for Turkey Stew!
Post a Comment