The other day Ellie said "I wish I was a baby." This was in response to my orders to clean up her room. But it is easy to see that even though you do not have to clean your room, being a baby can be a tough job! There was one last (fingers crossed) cold that went thru our house 2 weekends ago... everyone recovered except Mikey, who developed another ear infection. Right in the midst of it all, he cut 3 new teeth as well. He was a real trooper thru it all. Twice now he has taken a shaky step towards a family member. We have to coax him to do it, he is a very efficient crawler so walking is not really necessary at this point. We continue to thank God for such a happy joyful little guy. His little smile and happy squeals make it even bearable when he wakes ready for the day at 5am, which has been the case twice this week.....I am absolutely amazed that there are only 4 weeks left until the girls are out of school on summer break! I am looking forward to it, but I think with 3 kids now I will have to plan some activities to keep everyone busy and ensure the house does not become a battle zone.
Katherine had conferences last week. She continues to do really well at school in all subjects, but she really excells at math like her dad. She is going into an excellerated 4th grade math class next year (she'll be in 3rd grade) that will touch on 5th grade concepts by years end. What makes us more proud is that she helps the younger kids (her class is 1st/2nd grade) and trys to be kind to kids that others tease. We are going to miss her teacher she has had for these past 2 years so much - she just has a joy for teaching.
Ellie is into puzzles these days. It is garage sale season again, where puzzles can be found for $.25 each. We picked up a 100 piece glow-in-the dark unicorn puzzle the other aftenoon and she rushed in the door to dump it all out and get started. I entered the room after about 15 minutes and asked how she was doing. Her reply: "THIS is really hard! DO NOT try this at home!"
Some recent pics:
Had my buddy Evan over last Saturday
Eating breakfast
Climbing around under the table... sometimes I get stuck!
1 comment:
Wow, your little guy has been busy...and it sounds like your life in general is about to get even more busy! I love your new pics.
Post a Comment